Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing files

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
brentstroebel
295 Views, 5 Replies

Editing files

I cannot edit a file after the initial save.  I get the attached error.  What do I need to do?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brent

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

You might start by moving this thread to an Inventor forum, you'll probably find better answers there.

-- 

Message 3 of 6
SBix26
in reply to: brentstroebel

Short answer: Content Center files are not editable.

Long answer: Inventor will not allow editing of files in a folder that is currently defined as Content Center files.  The CC files location is specified by Application Options > File > Default Content Center files, but can be overridden by the active project (Folder Options > Content Center Files).  If files are moved to a different folder not defined as CC files, they are editable.  If the active project is changed to define a different location for CC files, the files in the original location are editable.

Does that help?

Sam B

Inventor Professional 2015 SP1 Update 1
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
HP EliteBook 8770w; 8 GB RAM; Core™ i7-3720QM 2.60 GHz; Quadro K4000M

Message 4 of 6
brentstroebel
in reply to: SBix26

Yes!  Thank you so much!  I created a working folder outside of the CC location.  I'll use the CC location for released files.  If I may, I would like to ask another question.  I wanted to try to explore the Vault as a location for documentation storage/control.  I'm a single user running Inventor on a single computer.  When I try to log-in to the Vault with the default log-in information (screenshot attached), I get the attached error.  Again, any information you could provide would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  Brent

Message 5 of 6
SBix26

We don't use Vault, so I can't help you with that.  Someone else will have to jump in.  If nobody does, I'd suggest starting a new thread with a good descriptive subject line.  You might also try the Vault forum.

Sam B

Inventor Professional 2015 SP1 Update 1
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
HP EliteBook 8770w; 8 GB RAM; Core™ i7-3720QM 2.60 GHz; Quadro K4000M

Message 6 of 6
mpatchus

Have you installed and configured ADMS on your machine?

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report