Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing Default Border

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
drguitarum2005
5267 Views, 12 Replies

Editing Default Border

I have the default border set in all my templates but I want to add an outside border to the default border (so everything is ultimately enclosed in a large box). How can I add that to the default? I see where I can define a new border but I can't have two borders on the same drawing so how do I combine them? I want to keep the existing "smart" default border that lets me choose how many zones etc.

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Edit it to what you want it to look like,

when it comes time to save it ...do a saveas option and give it a new name ...now you can have both ...or as many as you'd like ...

Do this sound like what you wanted to know?

M

Michael Davis
Charlotte, NC

Work ~ Inventor Ultimate 2013 SP1.1
Win 7 64bit ~ i7 20gb
Nvidia Quadro FX 1700

Home ~ Inventor Ultimate 2013 SP1.1
Win 7 64bit i7 - 16gb
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT 1GB
240g Kingston HyperX SSD
Message 3 of 13

Actually what I ended up doing was creating a new zone border and added my extra border to it. I'll use that in place of the "Default Border" drawing resource in my templates.

Message 4 of 13

My problem now is on A size I have zones 1-2 and A-B on the sides and even if I change my sheet size (via Edit Sheet), it keeps the same number of zones. With the "Default Border", the number of zones increased as the sheet size increased...

Message 5 of 13

Does anyone know how to do what I'm trying to do? The default border (a zone border) automatically increases tje number of zones as sheet size increases. Creating a new zone border (so I could add some lines) doesn't. Any ideas?

Message 6 of 13

Right click on Borders, in the browser tree

and pick Define New Zone border

Michael Davis
Charlotte, NC

Work ~ Inventor Ultimate 2013 SP1.1
Win 7 64bit ~ i7 20gb
Nvidia Quadro FX 1700

Home ~ Inventor Ultimate 2013 SP1.1
Win 7 64bit i7 - 16gb
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT 1GB
240g Kingston HyperX SSD
Message 7 of 13

Yes that is what I've done which led me to the problem I asked about. This new zone border does NOT automatically increase the number of zones if I change my sheet size. The default Border does. I can't edit the Default Border to add more lines to it so I was forced to create a new one that doesn't update automatically.

Message 8 of 13

Has anyone come across this or figured it out? I'm stumped.

Message 9 of 13
jdjong
in reply to: drguitarum2005

Im have the same problem.

Does any one know if this is posible. (to increase the number of border zones automatic when sheet size increases.)

if its posible plz leave a mesage

if its not posible plz also leave a mesage so i can stop searching.

Message 10 of 13
drguitarum2005
in reply to: jdjong

It is possible with the default zone border. As you change sheet size, the number of zones automatically changes. If you create a NEW zone border, it will not automatically change. Definitely an Autodesk bug.

Message 11 of 13
cc_rider

Okay, I'm having a problem with a Zone Border.

I'm kind of a new user, but this behavior just doesn't seem right.

I created the Zone Border like normal. I edited the appearance of the 'ABCD1234' text slightly:

- changed to center and middle justification.

- changed width to 120%

- changed color to black

The edits to 'ABCD' took effect and look just right. The edits to '1234' don't stay edited. I save the sketch, it looks okay, then when I add it to Sheet:1, the numbers have gone back to blue and lost the width and justification edits. But the letters are fine. What the heck is going on?

c.

Message 12 of 13
swhite

Open the drawing template. Open the Drawing Resource folder, open the Borders folder. right-click on Default Border and select edit. Make any changes you want and save. Make sure you save the file as a template when done. All new drawings will have this border.

For older drawings, delete the border, from the drawing and the Border folder. Open a new drawing, open the borders, right-click and copy, go to the other fdrawing, select the border folder, right-click and paste. Double click to set that border on the page.

As for the text, each text style has its own style in the Styles editor. You will need to edit both styles, but suggest you copy the original Note Text style and rename to Zone Text.

Text.PNG

Then you need to go to the standard at the top, selecting the default. Then to the Object default tab, and click the little pencil icon. Find the border text and change it to your new zone text.

text2.PNG

It sounds like you might have two different text styles you might have to reset. I don't know which ones they are, do not use the default border anyways. Most likely you are going to have to copy it and rename it so it will let you edit it.

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Message 13 of 13
raja

#Border

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report