Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing Copied Parts

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Eric_SF
367 Views, 3 Replies

Editing Copied Parts

Hello to everyone!'

I am fairly new with Inventer and I have run into a problem. I am on Inventer 2013

I have come up with a Skid Frame assembly using Wide Flange Beams from the built in content Center. When I started the assembly I inserted 2 beams the same. Since then I have made modifications to them (holes, cutouts and such) that were to be identical on both beams. Now, I want to put a hole in one beam but not the other and when I do this the hole appears in both beams automatically. I feel this is due to the adaptivity settings, but I dont seem to be able to change the settings.

Thanks in advance to anyone who trys to help!

Eric 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Cadmanto
in reply to: Eric_SF

Hi Eric,

Welcome to the forum.

Are you by any chance using frame generator on this assembly?

Also, when you are adding the holes, are you placing the features as assembly features or are you editing the beams and adding them.

If you are doing the later then what you are experiencing can happen.  If the first, then no it should not happen.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 4
warrentdo
in reply to: Eric_SF

Hello Eric,
If the file name is the same in the browser apart from ie 12345:1 & 12345:2 the part is the same. Change one and they both change. Open up 12345 and save as 12346, different model number. In your assembly select the part you want to replace and right hand mouse select, component\ replace and select 12346.
You should now have two difference parts in your assembly, 12345 and 12346. No mod each separately.
You could Derive the part as well it the parts share Similarities. Its your call and worth a look.

Regards

Warren

Message 4 of 4
Eric_SF
in reply to: warrentdo

That it, I have been editing the part to put the whole in it.
Thanks!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report