Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit iPart/iAssembly via Spreadsheet window offscreen

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
LFMarshall
619 Views, 3 Replies

Edit iPart/iAssembly via Spreadsheet window offscreen

Recently upgraded to Windows 7 from XP and changed from a laptop to a desktop.  With the laptop I used dual monitors; to date I haven't secured a second monitor from IT for true dual monitors.

Well I have some iParts that I've edited using excel and they have formulas that I can't edit using the standard iPart dialog, but when I click "Edit via Spreadsheet" the window opens off screen.  The alt+Spacebar method doesn't work in Windows 7 and the Windows 7 method of shift+right-click isn't an option because Excel doesn't appear on the taskbar and selcting Inventor moves the Inventor window, not the instance of excel inside of inventor.

Suggestions?

Larry Marshall
Inventor 2021.2 , AutoCAD 2021, 3DS Max 2021
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi lama,

I suspect what you're seeing in this case is actually a bug, rather than an issue with an offscreen window. Here's a link explaining:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14079866&linkID=9242018

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 4

Thanks Curtis,

That was the issue, and I'll this just in case someone else comes across this, an easy way to see if your excel is actually being activated is to check the task bar, Excel comes in focus (highlighted).  If it does not appear you may very well be a victim of the bug.

Larry Marshall
Inventor 2021.2 , AutoCAD 2021, 3DS Max 2021
Message 4 of 4
ampster402
in reply to: LFMarshall

lama wrote:The alt+Spacebar method doesn't work in Windows 7

not sure if this was related to your issue since it appears to have been something else (didn't read the other link)...

but the method of moving windows with alt+spacebar does does work in Win7.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report