Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Feature in IV 2009

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
186 Views, 6 Replies

Edit Feature in IV 2009

I just switch to IV 2009 from version 11. One thing I noticed is that in IV11 when I want to edit a feature (say change width of the extrusion) I can double-click on it in the browser window. Dimensions are shown and I can click on width dimension and change it. Then update the part. Now if I try to click on feature in the browser feature edit dialog comes up and I can not edit my dimension. I am forced to edit the sketch. Is there a setting somewhere to modify this behavior back to direct edit?

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

Nope.. Just double click the sketch
And your going to find a couple more like this also.
Like to edit a constraint offset you need to double click on it

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Was it bad in some way?
Message 4 of 7
andrewiv

I don't have 2009 yet, but they changed this for the 2008 release. What I have learned to do is right click on the feature and select show dimensions, it works the same way as double clicking did in IV11.

Andrew In’t Veld
Designer

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks Andrew.

This will work once I get use to it. I wish all the future problems were that easy.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

this was one of those changes where we lost functionality and have been
forced to live with it amid all the complaints....

wrote in message news:5919525@discussion.autodesk.com...
Thanks Andrew.

This will work once I get use to it. I wish all the future problems were
that easy.
Message 7 of 7
SBix26

The "direct edit" function has always been in the right-click menu as "Show Dimensions". The only thing that changed is what function is invoked by double clicking. And I would definitely like it changed back to the former!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report