Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit/extract 3D coordinate after Excel XYZ upload

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Turl2
536 Views, 1 Reply

Edit/extract 3D coordinate after Excel XYZ upload

Hi,

I'm doing some work with routed tubing at the moment using the Excel XYZ upload facility with auto-bend enabled and it works great. What I would like to know is if there is a way to edit an individual intersect point after the 3D line has been created? I've tried myself but can only movethe complete line, (all coordinates).

I would also like to know if it is possible to extract all XYZ intersect points back to excel or a table within Inventor so I could use the data with a CNC bending machine? Even displaying all coodrinates on the screen at once would be useful.

A working example would be as follows..., I will upload the customers XYZ data to create a 3D line, modifiy specific intersect points to simplify manufacturing and then extract the new co-ordinates to be used for prototyping purposes.

Thanks in advance..

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Turl2
in reply to: Turl2

OK, just found this plugin on Autodesk labs that would allow me to edit points in Excel but not it is released for Inv 2013 ! Do any Autodesk employees know if its planned to be released for 2013?

Inv Pointlinker.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report