Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Dimensions when created

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
131 Views, 6 Replies

Edit Dimensions when created

Morning all, I had noticed since about R6 that while I was sketching, the "Edit Dimesions when Created" (Applications Option, Sketch tab) would get toggled "ON". I always draw with this off. I can't explain what makes it come on, it just does. It is a pain to have to go and turn this back off. I think I remember seeing something about this posted a long time ago. Anyone else stillseeing this? How about a fix. -- Inventor R8 Dell 4550 WinXP Pro P4, 2.8 Ghz, 1G Quadro 900 XGL nVidia v6.14.10.4403 1280x1024, 32 bit
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Before you place a dimension, RMB and you will see the edit dimension option there. Most likely you have toggled the switch here as opposed to in the options. - Drew -- Drew Fulford, B.A.Sc. Systems Engineer Solid Caddgroup Inc, Burlington, Ontario Phone: (905) 331-9670 Fax: (905) 331-7280 Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program Check out my MDT & Inventor FAQ @ http://www.mymcad.com/ "Kirk A." wrote in message news:3fe6fcea$1_3@statler... > Morning all, > I had noticed since about R6 that while I was sketching, the "Edit Dimesions > when Created" (Applications Option, Sketch tab) would get toggled "ON". I > always draw with this off. I can't explain what makes it come on, it just > does. It is a pain to have to go and turn this back off. > > I think I remember seeing something about this posted a long time ago. > Anyone else stillseeing this? > > How about a fix. > > -- > Inventor R8 > Dell 4550 > WinXP Pro > P4, 2.8 Ghz, 1G > Quadro 900 XGL > nVidia v6.14.10.4403 > 1280x1024, 32 bit > >
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Drew, That just works for that one dimension, right?? What I am seeing is the Edit Dimension box will start appearing when I place a dimension. I can then go to Tools>Application Options,Sketch Tab and the "Edit Dimension when created" box will be checked. I didn't check it. I always want to sketch with this un-checked. From what I see, the context menu you are talking about does not effect this switch. Kirk "Drew Fulford" wrote in message news:3fe6fd98_4@statler... > Before you place a dimension, RMB and you will see the edit dimension option > there. Most likely you have toggled the switch here as opposed to in the > options. > > > - Drew > -- > > > Drew Fulford, B.A.Sc. Systems Engineer > Solid Caddgroup Inc, Burlington, Ontario > Phone: (905) 331-9670 Fax: (905) 331-7280 > > Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program > Check out my MDT & Inventor FAQ @ http://www.mymcad.com/ > > "Kirk A." wrote in message > news:3fe6fcea$1_3@statler... > > Morning all, > > I had noticed since about R6 that while I was sketching, the "Edit > Dimesions > > when Created" (Applications Option, Sketch tab) would get toggled "ON". I > > always draw with this off. I can't explain what makes it come on, it just > > does. It is a pain to have to go and turn this back off. > > > > I think I remember seeing something about this posted a long time ago. > > Anyone else stillseeing this? > > > > How about a fix. > > > > -- > > Inventor R8 > > Dell 4550 > > WinXP Pro > > P4, 2.8 Ghz, 1G > > Quadro 900 XGL > > nVidia v6.14.10.4403 > > 1280x1024, 32 bit > > > > > >
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Its not just for that dimension. Its a setting that sticks. Its the same as doing it in options. -- Drew Fulford, B.A.Sc. Systems Engineer Solid Caddgroup Inc, Burlington, Ontario Phone: (905) 331-9670 Fax: (905) 331-7280 Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program Check out my MDT & Inventor FAQ @ http://www.mymcad.com/ "Kirk A." wrote in message news:3fe70c80$1_1@statler... > Drew, > > That just works for that one dimension, right?? > > What I am seeing is the Edit Dimension box will start appearing when I place > a dimension. I can then go to Tools>Application Options,Sketch Tab and the > "Edit Dimension when created" box will be checked. I didn't check it. I > always want to sketch with this un-checked. > > From what I see, the context menu you are talking about does not effect this > switch. > > Kirk > > > "Drew Fulford" wrote in message news:3fe6fd98_4@statler... > > Before you place a dimension, RMB and you will see the edit dimension > option > > there. Most likely you have toggled the switch here as opposed to in the > > options. > > > > > > - Drew > > -- > > > > > > Drew Fulford, B.A.Sc. Systems Engineer > > Solid Caddgroup Inc, Burlington, Ontario > > Phone: (905) 331-9670 Fax: (905) 331-7280 > > > > Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program > > Check out my MDT & Inventor FAQ @ http://www.mymcad.com/ > > > > "Kirk A." wrote in message > > news:3fe6fcea$1_3@statler... > > > Morning all, > > > I had noticed since about R6 that while I was sketching, the "Edit > > Dimesions > > > when Created" (Applications Option, Sketch tab) would get toggled "ON". > I > > > always draw with this off. I can't explain what makes it come on, it > just > > > does. It is a pain to have to go and turn this back off. > > > > > > I think I remember seeing something about this posted a long time ago. > > > Anyone else stillseeing this? > > > > > > How about a fix. > > > > > > -- > > > Inventor R8 > > > Dell 4550 > > > WinXP Pro > > > P4, 2.8 Ghz, 1G > > > Quadro 900 XGL > > > nVidia v6.14.10.4403 > > > 1280x1024, 32 bit > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 5 of 7
peichbauer

I've noticed the same problem in IV6. Though I have the opposite problem, I like to have it on and occasionally it'll turn itself off for no reason....

Phil Eichbauer
RWC Inc.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

I used to see the same thing, then figured out that I was sometimes accidently toggling it to 'off' when placing dimensions. Especially when doing a lot of dimensions and clicking through the mouse buttons quickly. Dave Moore. "Kirk A." wrote in message news:3fe6fcea$1_3@statler... > Morning all, > I had noticed since about R6 that while I was sketching, the "Edit Dimesions > when Created" (Applications Option, Sketch tab) would get toggled "ON". I > always draw with this off. I can't explain what makes it come on, it just > does. It is a pain to have to go and turn this back off. > > I think I remember seeing something about this posted a long time ago. > Anyone else stillseeing this? > > How about a fix. > > -- > Inventor R8 > Dell 4550 > WinXP Pro > P4, 2.8 Ghz, 1G > Quadro 900 XGL > nVidia v6.14.10.4403 > 1280x1024, 32 bit > >
Message 7 of 7
StuartMoore

I always work with it on but if I open an MDT file the process turns it off and I have to turn it back on again. The RMB tip to reset it is useful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report