Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

jmoe1833
Message 1 of 3 (873 Views)
Accepted Solution

Edit Dimensions in Inventor 2012

873 Views, 2 Replies
11-15-2012 12:56 PM

Hi, i am having a problem when I try to edit a dimension in my Idw's. I normally can double click on the dimension or right click on it and choose edit, but now the window will not pop up. It freezes the screen like the window is open but no window on the screen, almost like it opens off of the screen where you can not see it, the program has been reinstalled but still have the same problem. . . . any suggestions?

have you tried the alt+spacebar trick to move the window?

press alt and the spacebar at the same time

then press m (for move)

then use your arrow keys to move the window (an alt way to complete this step is to use your mouse at this point)

Note, you should try this with a visible window first to see how it works, then when you are trying to reorient the window so it's visible, you may have to try this a few times in order to determine where the window actually is.  Using the mouse instead of your arrow keys may be quicker in determining where the window is.

HTH

*Pro
ampster
Message 2 of 3 (869 Views)

Re: Edit Dimensions in Inventor 2012

11-15-2012 01:25 PM in reply to: jmoe1833

have you tried the alt+spacebar trick to move the window?

press alt and the spacebar at the same time

then press m (for move)

then use your arrow keys to move the window (an alt way to complete this step is to use your mouse at this point)

Note, you should try this with a visible window first to see how it works, then when you are trying to reorient the window so it's visible, you may have to try this a few times in order to determine where the window actually is.  Using the mouse instead of your arrow keys may be quicker in determining where the window is.

HTH

jmoe1833
Message 3 of 3 (850 Views)

Re: Edit Dimensions in Inventor 2012

11-15-2012 02:51 PM in reply to: jmoe1833

That was it thanks!

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.