Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit crop not working properly

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anthony
1284 Views, 3 Replies

Edit crop not working properly

I'm having problems with the crop feature in an Inventor idw. Having cropped my view I then go into the browser to edit the crop (edit sketch), the lines on the crop window will not move and I am unable to edit the selection, does anyone know why is this not working ? Occasionaly I can move / resize one or two of the crop boundry lines but never all of them. 

Anthony Goodwin ~ Cad Manager/Senior Designer
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2013 SP2 64-Bit Edition
Windows 7 HP Z400, Intel Xeon W3550 3.07GHz
12.0GB RAM, ATI FirePro V4800 (FireGL)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: Anthony

Can you post an example dataset (keep it simple)?

This will be a guess -

if you edit the sketch and Right Mouse Button  > Show all constraints, do you have constrained to other geometry (like hole center)?  (you might also select Show all Degrees of Freedom and you should see red arrows at each endpoint)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Anthony
in reply to: JDMather

Hi, thanks for your post. I will try your suggestion and post a screen grab if this is not successful. Thanks

Anthony Goodwin ~ Cad Manager/Senior Designer
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2013 SP2 64-Bit Edition
Windows 7 HP Z400, Intel Xeon W3550 3.07GHz
12.0GB RAM, ATI FirePro V4800 (FireGL)
Message 4 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: Anthony

There are two ways of creating the sketch for the Crop.

1. you create sketch in view in advance of starting the Crop tool.  The sketch can be any closed boundary you want.

2. You start the Crop command first and then sketch rectangle in view - when you use this techinque Inventor will auto-project any endpoints or centerpoint or entities that are close to where you click to sketch rectangle (watch for green snaps or yellow snaps).  You can avoid these autoprojections and autoconstraints by holding down the Ctrl key while selecting the two points for the rectangle.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report