Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Assembly Constraint Problem - Inv. 2012

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
yfjude
2232 Views, 21 Replies

Edit Assembly Constraint Problem - Inv. 2012

We just switched from Inventor 2011 to 2012 and are seeing the following when editing assembly constraints. When you edit the constraint the offset value shows up in red and if you hit OK without changing the value you get this error: The expression evaluates out of the expected range. If the value is changed there is no error and if you change the parameter input display setting to "Display as value" there is no error.

Is this "just the way it is" or is there a way to prevent the error from popping up?

TIA

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
jeanchile
in reply to: Hochenauer

I for one am happy there is AD representation on the forums from time to time. Between the other users and the occasional AD representative I am happy with the input I receive on issues I post here. I do, however, wish they had more staff lurking around here as this can be a faster vehicle to a problem's solution sometimes than submitting a support request.

That being said... if Autodesk were to spend money on staff in the near future, my recommendation would be to add programmers to fix all of the shortcomings with the tools we have instead of adding more. This, of course, seems to be a popular request around here these days.
Inventor Professional
Message 22 of 22
jeanchile
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thank you Johnson for your input here. I only hope this next update is available soon because this is a huge inconvenience for us.
Inventor Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report