Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDGE MISSING IN IDW

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
brendan.henderson
449 Views, 2 Replies

EDGE MISSING IN IDW

Looking for reasons why the line representing the edge is not shown in View 1 (top left). View 2 shows the reverse of View 1 and the edge is probably there but the edge on the back of the part also is there. View 3 is the same as View 1 except I have applied Raster View and the edge is shown. Tried the command Show All Visible Edges (or whatever it's called) but nothing turned off.

Nothing special about the part. Just a Sheetmetal part with a couple of chamfers and then a Bend applied (before anyone says not to use Bend it is a valid workflow for this type of part as the shape of the cutting edge is important). 2014 version of the model attached.

missing_edge_from_idw.png

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Tried using Tangent edges? I can't open the model, but it might work I think.

temp 2.png

Message 3 of 3
hossaiy
in reply to: brendan.henderson

Hi Brendan,

The reason the edge isn't showing up is because it appears that in the version of Inventor with which the Bend was created (looks like 2010), there was an issue that was causing some badness with that particular edge, which subsequently tripped up the drawing view.

This issue appears to have since been resolved, because if i recreate the bend feature (delete the bend in the feature tree and re-apply it), then the drawing view looks fine. I have attached the ipt where i have recreated the bend using Inventor 2014 SP2 (which i believe is what you are currently using). Let me know if there is anything that I have missed.

(drawing view after re-creating bend)

Capture.JPG

Thanks

Yacoub Hossain

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report