Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dynamics simulation menu

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
aldyatma
1664 Views, 10 Replies

dynamics simulation menu

hy,

I have installed inventor 2011 on my laptop, but the dynamic simulation menu does not appear even though I 've been many times to install it.

how do I bring it up ?

best regards,

aldyatma

note: here is the screenshot

Capture.JPG
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
MingweiGao
in reply to: aldyatma

hi aldyatma,

Did you loaded DS add-in in Tools-->Add-Ins-->Dynamic Simulation?

Refer to attached picture.

Steven Gao

Sr. SQA Engineer

Message 3 of 11
aldyatma
in reply to: MingweiGao

I 've been looking at the add-in manager, but I still did not find it. In addition, the simulation menu there is only stress analysis....
Message 4 of 11
henderh

Hi Aldyatma,

If the Dynamic Simulation add-in isn't appearing in the Add-Ins manager there was likely a permissions issue during registration / installation.

Could you try the following to manually re-register it?

0)  Close down Inventor and ensure the process is not running in Windows Task Manager

1)  Lauch the command line window (windows start menu => type 'cmd' and OK)

2)  Navigate to Inventor's Bin folder in the command line window (e.g. cd "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2011\Bin")

3)  Type "RegisterDynamicSimulation.exe /install" (you may be able to see the process appear for a second in Task Manager)

4)  If that doesn't work you can try re-registering all of Inventor and it's add-ins by typing "Inventor.exe /install"

Hope this helps.

Best regards, -Hugh

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)
Message 5 of 11
aldyatma
in reply to: henderh

Dear hugh ,

Can I see a picture for every step that you provide? I was a bit confused when I did not see it..
Message 6 of 11
henderh

Hi aldyatma,

I tried to capture images of the steps in the file attachment.  Please make sure you have Administrative priviliges, turn UAC off, and disable any firewalls or Anti-Virus.

I didn't have R2011 Inventor installed, so the screen captures are from R2013 Inventor and Windows7 O/S.

Thanks, -Hugh

Hugh Henderson
Message 7 of 11
aldyatma

Dear Hugh,

I have followed the instructions you gave, but the dynamic simulation menu still does not appear. Do you have any other way to solve it?
Message 8 of 11
henderh

Hi Aldyatma,

Thank you for providing the images.  I believe you performed the commands correctly, but DS is still not registering. I'm not at my machine at this time, and will return to the office Monday.

Another thing to check for are missing files on disk.  Can you verify if there exists a file in your /bin directory called DynamicSimulation.dll or something similar?

If this dll file exists, we can move on and try using an "/echo on" switch in the command line to see why the registration process is not occuring properly.  I suspect certain registry keys are not being created or read.

I hope this helps..

Best regards, -Hugh

{Edit: echo on, not off}

Hugh Henderson
Message 9 of 11
aldyatma

dear hugh,

I have verified that DynamicSimulationdll and DynamicSimulationResdll contained in the /bin folder. But I do not understand about the command " / echo" , can you explain it?
Message 10 of 11
henderh

Hi Aldyatma,

That /echo switch isn't going to work, since there probably aren't any comments in the *.exe.

I thought I could use process explorer to find out what keys are written when using RegisterDynamicSimulation.exe, but there are so many keys written, it is difficult to figure out which one is needed in order for the Add-In to register.

The only thing I can recommend is a clean un-install then re-install at this point.

My apologies I couldn't be much more help on this.

Sincerely, -Hugh

Hugh Henderson
Message 11 of 11
aldyatma

dear all,

thank you for providing clues to the problem.

best regards,

aldyatma

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report