Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dynamic stress simulation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jeroenwm
357 Views, 2 Replies

dynamic stress simulation

is their a possibility to applay stress like dynamic i have a shaft that has a pully on it , its conectet on an old way 

not with a tight fit so it shrinks on it but it works wit a small cut in the shaft where its bolted with just a tiny metal plate.

at this place will be a stress concentration and i wanne see how the noth effect is when their is a dynamic load on it cause if i put a static load on it i know the shaft can handel it but i real life it has broken couple of times so this is what i want to investigate shaft.png

i hope you understand my question and help me  kind regards

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: jeroenwm

Can you test the assembly in the Dynamic Simulation environment and output time-steps to FEA for Motion Loads Analysis?

I don't see any twisting forces on your shaft - how is the shaft used in an assembly?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
jeroenwm
in reply to: JDMather

on the shaft is a pully that guides a  chain but somtimes the  chain blocks and so the motor + reductor builds up tention until it releases . i asume that the worst place is when the pully is in that direction when the pulling force is in a perpendicular direction with the flat surface  so the shaft is getting "pulled open" if you get what i mean . i think multiple times of this force will tear the shaft at the red line in the picture. this is how i wanne simulated it 

can i do this with inventor or do i need the multi physics for it ? 

in other words their isnt going to be a twisting force cause the chain guides trough it only the friction between the chain and pully is going to make it turn around but this forces are neglecteble 

Kind regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report