Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Simulation

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
jamescad
546 Views, 9 Replies

Dynamic Simulation

I have an assembly comprising 4 parts. 2 parts are "C" section tracks one arranged vertically, the other horizontally, connected at their ends by an "elbow" whose section matches the tracks' section. The 4th part is a wheel, its shape determined by a semicircle attached to 2 lines terminating at the axis about which the sketch is rotated. This wheel runs inside the "C" section tracks.
My problem is: How do I get the wheel to follow the vertical track, then the elbow track, finishing up travelling along the horizontal track?
I have tried a number of different things without success and I now cannot see the trees for the wood, or vice versa!
A step by step solution, if possible, will be gratefully received.

jamesCAD
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
mflayler2
in reply to: jamescad

Files would be great for a step by step solution.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 3 of 10
jamescad

My computer has thrown up some odd messages. Did you get my reply with the attachment?
Message 4 of 10
jamescad

I am new to this forum scene so I apologise if I have sent this attachment to you more than once!
Message 5 of 10
JDMather

Try this one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 10
jamescad
in reply to: JDMather

This is a reply to a soultion provided a long time ago by you and it indicates how often I have used this forum! I have never resolved this problem and I confess I do not know how to use your suggestion to solve it. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Message 7 of 10
JDMather

@jamescad wrote:

I have never resolved this problem

So what have you done to educate yourself in Dynamic Simulation in the nearly three years that has elapsed since you posted this problem?

Have you read this book?

http://www.vdssolutions.co.uk/

Upgraded versions of Inventor?

Training?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 8 of 10
jamescad
in reply to: JDMather

So what have you done to educate yourself in Dynamic Simulation in the nearly three years that has elapsed since you posted this problem? - Obviously not enough.

Have you read this book? - No.

http://www.vdssolutions.co.uk/

Upgraded versions of Inventor? -  2010 currently.

Training? - One day last October, again obviously not enough.

But thanks anyway for the link which I will follow.

Message 9 of 10
JDMather

@jamescad wrote:

Upgraded versions of Inventor? -  2010 currently.

I am on 2011, so any additional information I provided you would not be able to access.
Make sure you get the 2010 version of that book and post back when you run into trouble rather than waiting 3 years.

Message 10 of 10
jamescad

Will do. Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report