Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Simulation - Trace 2D Contact

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Blackmon
507 Views, 2 Replies

Dynamic Simulation - Trace 2D Contact

I am using Invertor Dynamic Simulation and I need to know the 2D contact position data to be displayed in the output grapher (i.e. the x,y,z coordinates).  Only the forces are computed in the output grapher.  I’ve tried using the “trace” feature but this will not allow me trace the 2D contact point.  It would even benefit me to know the angle of the normal force relative to the absolute frame.  Can you help me solve this issue?

Thanks,

-Joe

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: Blackmon

Show screen capture of your Trace settings.

Did you set it to both Display and Output (if you only have on default display - no values output to Output Grapher Traces).

Show Screen capture of your Output Grapher Traces>Trace>Positions

Can you attach your assembly here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
Blackmon
in reply to: JDMather

Attached is a simple cam & roller assembly that I created in lieu of the actual design because it is confidential, however, the principles remain the same.  I have been able to trace other objects that have a point reference but not the 2D contact.  In the cam & roller assembly, you will visually notice the reaction force changing angle and moving based on the 2D contact point.  I would like to know what the position of the 2D contact point and/or the angle of the reaction.  I could easily calculate the angle if only I was able to access the position.  Please view the attachment.

Thanks,

-Joe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report