Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Simulation to Stress Analysis Help

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
egrigg
447 Views, 3 Replies

Dynamic Simulation to Stress Analysis Help

Hi all,

I am having problems creating a Stress Analysis Report from the Dynamic Simulation on this assembly.

BRACKET ASSEMBLY.jpg

My goal is to show the cam shaft rotating at 3500 rpm, and the stress it creates. I am looking to show the stress concentrations at the fasteners as well as the rotating components, the cam will have a torque of 15 ft lb, with a counter torque of the compressor equal to that.

Can anyone suggest the best workflow, I have been working through Wasim Younis' Book for Inventor 2014, but seem to be coming up short in its application.

Thanks in advance.

I am using Inventor Professional 2014.

Regards,

Erik

Autodesk Inventor 2013 Certified Professional
Autodesk Product Design Suite, Ultimate 2013
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: egrigg

@egrigg wrote:

I am having problems creating a Stress Analysis Report from the Dynamic Simulation on this assembly.

Select a time step and a the parts for export to FEA.  (you might first concentrate on only one part)
Post screen shot of what you see next.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
egrigg
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks, JD I will do that.

One Issue I am finding is that our normal assembly constraints really don't translate well if at all!, into dynamic simulation, I am also seeing the new joint constraints being inconsistant as well.

Lots of work to do, I will update you soon, thanks again.

Erik

Regards,

Erik

Autodesk Inventor 2013 Certified Professional
Autodesk Product Design Suite, Ultimate 2013
Message 4 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: egrigg

When you know you are going to be using DS, you have to rethink the entire process of how you use assembly constraints if you want them to convert to appropriate DS Joints, or do the Joints manually in DS or a combination of automatic/manual. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report