Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic simulation: flexible assembly

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
826 Views, 6 Replies

Dynamic simulation: flexible assembly

Hello,

I am a student and I messing around with Inventor for a small project. My problem is that I cannot get to export to FEA this assembly (it's supposed to be an "iLogic" element of a scissor platform, I am aware it's a mess as it is now).

I can insert it into the top assembly and get the dynamic simulation to run correctly, but when I try to export the whole assembly to FEA inventor complains that it is not set to "Flexible" (even if it is).

I had initially modeled it as a weldment and thought that was the problem. I reassembled all parts in a normal assembly but I am not having any positive result.

Can you test it (just open the dynamic sim. environment and give it the "esport to FEA" command) and possibly tell me what's wrong?

http://we.tl/FOfHVaqGHX

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

I do not see a Mobile group or Joints in your browser.

I do not go to third part file hosting sites.

Can you attach your assembly here or to your A360 drive?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks for answering JDMather. That is not the top assembly, but just the subassembly that is giving me troubles. It is supposed to be rigid (one block/welded group), but when I select it for exporting to fea after having run the dynamic simulation (and that works), it gives me that error. I ran an "empty" dynamic simulation with just the subassy in another assy, only to show the error. How do I upload to A360? I used vault a few times, but never cloud features.

Message 4 of 7
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

It is supposed to be rigid (one block/welded group), ....

If this is all you intend to post - it will not be of any use.

A360.png

Upload the assembly.

Make Public

Generate url for download

post url here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Ok, I need to instal A360, I'll upload the rest as soon as possible. Thanks for now.

Message 6 of 7
JDMather

Did you figure this out?

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Sorry, today I was not able to prepare the assembly (been working on something else).

Anyway no, but I think what I am trying to do simply cannot be achieved... 

A side question that would definitely solve my problem: is it posible to run a dynamic simulation on a weldment and then export the weldment to FEA as one "piece", with the program recognising beads as "bonds" between parts?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report