Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dxf save fails - Sketch export failed to initialize translator

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
janitor1
855 Views, 3 Replies

dxf save fails - Sketch export failed to initialize translator

Dxf save fails and gives message "Sketch export failed to initialize translator", even for a simple sheet metal part with no bends. I turned the Translator:DXF and Translator:DWG Add-ins on, but they are listed as unloaded after I attempt a dxf save from the flat pattern of the part. Will not save from a IDW drawing to dxf or dwg either. This started with the 2011 install, which was a clean install. (Did not have the problem in 2010.) Installed service pack 2 and still have the problem. Currently at Build 309. Attaching the part and drawing.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
robertot
in reply to: janitor1

HI,

With regard to the Error you are getting with the translator, I would try the following test.

1. Import a dxf file in to Inventor, see if that works.
  2. Have an It guy Right Click on Inventor Icon and Run as Administrator.

What operating system are you running?

Roberto Tomarchio CSP
Product Support Team Lead
Certified Support Professional
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
www.autodesk.com
Message 3 of 4
janitor1
in reply to: robertot

1. Do not know how to import a dxf, but I tried to open a dxf and it did nothing.

I discovered that dxf and dwg translator add-in actually unload when I close the add-in box.

I was able to open a dxf in Autocad.

2. I am the administrator on this computer and I right clicked and ran as administrator with same results.

I am running IV 2011 sp 2 64 bit on

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit service pack 1

Message 4 of 4
robertot
in reply to: janitor1

Hi,

Is it possible to log into the station as local system administrator account. This is standard account with most machines that give the PC local Administrator access. Can you launch Inventor under this account and test creating another DXF file. Your error message maybe related to a permissions issue?

Please let me know.

Roberto

Roberto Tomarchio CSP
Product Support Team Lead
Certified Support Professional
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
www.autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report