Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DXF/DWG Export Error

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1429 Views, 8 Replies

DXF/DWG Export Error

Anyone having this problem...... When trying to save a drawing as a DXF or DWG it states that it can't find the DWG template. I have the template file in the approriate box. Michael Benoy Product Engineer / CAD Administrator Scott Health and Safety Monroe Corporate Center 4320 Goldmine Road Monroe, NC 28110 (704) 291-8369 Fax: (704) 291-8380 mbenoy@tycoint.com Check out www.scotthealthsafety.com
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Is the translator add-in turned off, maybe? Or is the template directory maybe off-path in the project ipj and/or in App/Ops? Haven't seen that one yet. ~Larry "Michael Benoy" wrote in message news:3fdf0e55_4@statler... > Anyone having this problem...... > When trying to save a drawing as a DXF or DWG it states that it can't find > the DWG template. > I have the template file in the approriate box. > > Michael Benoy > Product Engineer / CAD Administrator > Scott Health and Safety > Monroe Corporate Center > 4320 Goldmine Road > Monroe, NC 28110 > (704) 291-8369 Fax: (704) 291-8380 > mbenoy@tycoint.com > Check out www.scotthealthsafety.com > > >
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

While trying to look into Michael's problem I discovered that we can't save back to Acad12 DXF either.
You can choose Acad12 DXF but it will allways default back to Acad 2004.
Can someone confirm this ???
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Can't seem to find anything out of the ordinary. Never seen this before either. Thanks. "Larry Caldwell" wrote in message news:3fdf27f1$1_2@statler... > Is the translator add-in turned off, maybe? Or is the template directory > maybe off-path in the project ipj and/or in App/Ops? Haven't seen that one > yet. > ~Larry > > "Michael Benoy" wrote in message > news:3fdf0e55_4@statler... > > Anyone having this problem...... > > When trying to save a drawing as a DXF or DWG it states that it can't find > > the DWG template. > > I have the template file in the approriate box. > > > > Michael Benoy > > Product Engineer / CAD Administrator > > Scott Health and Safety > > Monroe Corporate Center > > 4320 Goldmine Road > > Monroe, NC 28110 > > (704) 291-8369 Fax: (704) 291-8380 > > mbenoy@tycoint.com > > Check out www.scotthealthsafety.com > > > > > > > >
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Autodesk !!!

I've confirmed on several PC's. I've lost the ability too save to DXF autocad R12 format... It is CRITICAL for our shop dxf data to be in R12 format.

Could you please respond to this ?

Jeff Thompson
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

I just went to "saveas" from an IDW, and in "options" it had a box for DXF R12.

Tom
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

And when I just tried it, the file was saved, but ACAD 2000 would NOT open it. I remember that ADESK said that 2004 would no longer support formats older than R2000. I guess that applies to IV8 also.

I just opened that DXF file with no problem in 2004 Mechanical, so that does seem to be the case.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

The option is their for acadR12 and you can toggle to it. However, if you'll click "finish" and before clickiing "save" go back to options you'll find that inventor has toggled back to acad2004.

Jeff Thompson
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

> Can someone confirm this ??? Hi Jeff, Yes - I verified this is a regression and am working to get a fix ASAP. Gary

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report