Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG Export Problem/Question

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
164 Views, 4 Replies

DWG Export Problem/Question

Why does Autocad Mechanical have to be the default program associated with the DWG and DXF extensions before Inventor will export as DWG? Matt
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Probably because Inventor will launch a non-graphical session of the default program in order to output? -- Rui ruivaz@cadmais.pt www.cadmais.pt "Matt Hendey" wrote in message news:401eab0e_1@newsprd01... > Why does Autocad Mechanical have to be the default program associated with > the DWG and DXF extensions before Inventor will export as DWG? > > Matt > >
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Is it not able to do it without forcing me to use Autocad Mechanical? Sometimes I still have to use Autocad LT 97. Sometimes I will use Autocad 2004. If I have to do this then if I want to export a DWG out of Inventor I have to open a file with Autocad Mechanical then reboot my computer before it will work. That is a bit of a pain. Besides, this was never required before. Why Now?! Thanks, Matt
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Matt,

Create a config file for each version of Acad that you want to use. In the opening dialog box (after you select the options button) has a drop down box and a browse option to select the config file you want to use.

Once you have set all the settings you like to use save the file, then you won't have to touch them again unless you want to see something different.

Mike
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks Mike. I will try that. Matt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report