Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG/DXF Export

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
marconiman
151 Views, 2 Replies

DWG/DXF Export

Hi,
I often have to export my idw to dwg/dxf. I want to exprot them including header and titel and all that stuff thats in the idw. If I do so a DWG/DXF is made where all the drawing is in the layout sheet. My suppliers often have software which does not support the layout sheet and so they have the problem to see the drawing. My way now is to exprot dwg and then to open AutoCad and copy everything from the layout to the model space. Is there a direct way to to that?
( Including titelblock/ dimensions etc.)

Many thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: marconiman

Do your suppliers need to modify your drawings or just view them? If it's the latter, then try looking at Volo View (it's provided by Autodesk). Volo View is a program that allows non-Autodesk users to view your work, as you see it in Inventor. This program should be on your CD, or you can download it from Autodesk (or simply Google search for it). This should help simplify your problem...maybe. 🙂

Anthony Gleaton
Message 3 of 3
marconiman
in reply to: marconiman

No. My suppliers have to import the dwg/dxf into there own CAM system which only understands the model space of dwg and dxf.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report