Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWF Export versus through DWF Task Scheduler

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rcmodeler
217 Views, 2 Replies

DWF Export versus through DWF Task Scheduler

Hello, For starters, my Inventor (IV) environment is 2015. When I Export IV ipt's,or iam's that contain material colors to DWFx or DWF format, the output is PERFECT, i.e., ipt and iam colors appear in the resulting DWFx or DWF. However, when I use IV Task Scheduler to create one or multiple DWFx or DWF, the resulting material color output is gray. Is this a bug or by design? Thanks in Advance!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bretrick30
in reply to: rcmodeler

I am having this issue as well with the drawings in Vault.  When I initially check in the file, and Inventor creates the Visualization file (.dwf) during checkin, it looks like it should.  But I then Update the .dwf by clicking the Update button in Vault, or by sending it to the job processor, it makes the shaded views a dark grey.  I didnt have this issue with Inventor 2014.  

I have contacted Autodesk about this issue months ago and they supposedly submitted it to the developers to look into.  I am still waiting.  I was initially told that nobody else is having this issue.

Also, a word of caution, I installed Update 1 for Autodesk Inventor Professional because I read that it had fixes for .dwf creation.  This made things worse.  After the update the .dwfs didn't show the models at all.  I uninstalled the Update and I'm now back to the dark grey shading.

Message 3 of 3
rcmodeler
in reply to: bretrick30

>>I was initially told that nobody else is having this issue.

Probrably not enough DWF users 🙂

The only reason that I wanted to use DWF format is because the Inventor Viewer is crap, i.e, it displays work features - not very professional looking when trying to market a product.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report