Inventor General Discussion

Valued Contributor
jeff.noel
Message 1 of 4 (336 Views)
Accepted Solution

Duplicate materials in Sheet Metal Rule styles

336 Views, 3 Replies
08-03-2012 09:24 AM

So I'm in the midst of redoing my Sheet Metal Rules, and custom materials, since the update to 2013 kind of destroyed that.  I created a new material library, to house all of my custom Materials in.  I set it to be the only Material Library in the project, so now when I open up a file in that project, I only see my Custom material list, and that works fine when I go into the iProperties as well, the material list shows up correctly.

But when I go into the Styles Editor, and go to add my new custom Materials to my Sheet Metal Rules, the list of materials is shown in duplicate.  I have attached a couple of screenshots of me opening the iProperties, and the Sheet Metal Rules in the same file.

If I open up the material editor, everything is only listed once.  Am I missing something, or is this a bug?

Just to let you know that I confirm the problem with the Sheet Metal materials being duplicated and I have logged the issue with development.

Jon.

Valued Contributor
jeff.noel
Message 2 of 4 (322 Views)

Re: Duplicate materials in Sheet Metal Rule styles

08-03-2012 10:00 AM in reply to: jeff.noel

So I have an update already.

Right after I posted, I went ahead and started assigning the first instance of the material to the appropriate Sheet Metal Rule.  As I did that though, I noticed that each time I saved the sheet metal rule with a new Material, it would add more duplicates.  I am up to several dozen duplicate materials in my list now, not just the two like the previous image.

And now, I have assigned a material to probably about a dozen or so Sheet Metal Rules, and it isn't allow me to save any of the other sheet metal rules I need to update.  I'll keep looking into this, but it seems connected to the other problem I am having.

Any insight would be great, as this is quickly becomming a pain.  Not only did this updated Material/Appearance make me lose my old materials, and cause error messages to pop up every time I open an old file using my old material, it doesn't seem to be working correctly.

Product Support
jon.dean
Message 3 of 4 (260 Views)

08-09-2012 07:44 AM in reply to: jeff.noel

I will have a look at this issue and if I can reproduce, then I will log the issue with development.

I will let you know.

Jon.

Jon Dean

Product Support
jon.dean
Message 4 of 4 (245 Views)

08-13-2012 04:21 AM in reply to: jon.dean

Just to let you know that I confirm the problem with the Sheet Metal materials being duplicated and I have logged the issue with development.

Jon.

Jon Dean

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.