Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Monitor Setup

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
iUser
6609 Views, 9 Replies

Dual Monitor Setup

I still do not know if dual monitor is supported in Inventor 2015 (not spanned over both screens). Can anyone at Autodesk please let us know if there is a way to set it up, give us an external app to make it possible or give us an idea to when it will be possible? There has already been 20 releases of Inventor and it seems like none of them has solved this issue yet. I currently run two applications at the same time, but on larger assemblies it really kills the opperating speed nevermind the problems it causes when working on the same model and trying to save parts or assemblies.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
salariua
in reply to: iUser

I am not sure what are you trying to do but I can span it over multiple screens. I think it's in the Quadro Driver I have but I can even correct misalignment between screens. It's called Premium Mosaic.

IMAG1578.jpg

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 3 of 10
iUser
in reply to: salariua

No thats exactly what I dont want. If you read my mesage you would see that: "...supported in Inventor 2015 (not spanned over both screens). Can anyone...". Solidworks has this function and it is AMAZING, still dunno why Inventor doesn't have this. It needs the commands on top and the browser on BOTH screens as below, but it must run through one program and not two as I currently use it. And again the reason for this you can not work on the same assembly and save and secondly it kills the opperating speed. Any other ideas?

Message 4 of 10
BarryZA

Maybe post on the idea station and send a link back here so we can all vote for you?

Message 5 of 10
iUser
in reply to: BarryZA

To everyone that uses dual monitors for Inventor and would like to see improvements made, please vote for this idea:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideastation/dual-monitor-support-for-inventor-2016/idi-p/5495...

Message 6 of 10
iUser

Hi Guys,

I have created a new post with all the "dual monitor support" ideas and have contacted the employee that accepted this idea to get an estimate as to when we can see this idea implemented. Please vote for this link:

Multiple Windows per Session and dual monitor support Inventor 2017

Message 7 of 10
william.pick

i am still waiting for this feature.... inventor 2019 and nothing.

Message 8 of 10
swalton
in reply to: william.pick

Inventor 2020 almost got it right.  However Autodesk chose not to include the full UI/ribbon/menubar on the second window.

See http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2020/ENU/?guid=GUID-F5179E33-CFC8-4507-8D00-846394605842

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 9 of 10
iUser
in reply to: swalton

Hi Swalton,

I have posted this idea, please vote for  it so that we can gather support so that they can implement it.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/inventor-model-tree-and-ribbon-on-second-monitor/idi-p...

Thanks

Message 10 of 10
daniel.canchola

Thanks for your post!

In the advent of more CAD design power users this functionality only makes common sense.

With the hardware industry building out super-computers with premier graphics card and seamless gigabits of RAM it is time for software to catch-up.

I like to use 4 monitors, 3 for CAD work and 1 for communications and spreadsheets as well as online collaborations with clients and partners.

Please get busy and offer this much needed modernization.

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report