Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driving an angular constraint through zero

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Derek Burns
170 Views, 4 Replies

Driving an angular constraint through zero

I think I am missing a trick here somewhere.
Does anyone know a reliable way to drive an angular constraint through and beyond the zero degree point?
i.e. collar on a shaft at 30deg, i want to drive it 40deg CW.
using a start point of 30deg and an end point of -10deg causes it to bounce off zero and return to 10deg.

Inv8 SP1
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Derek Burns

Are you using a Directed Angular Constraint or an Undirected Angular Constraint, see attached ? Directed takes into account the direction the angle in measured. HTH Duncan "Derek Burns" wrote in message news:18698676.1081944074297.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > I think I am missing a trick here somewhere. > Does anyone know a reliable way to drive an angular constraint through and beyond the zero degree point? > i.e. collar on a shaft at 30deg, i want to drive it 40deg CW. > using a start point of 30deg and an end point of -10deg causes it to bounce off zero and return to 10deg. > > Inv8 SP1
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I think you want to use a directed angle constraint. I've found numerous problems with the angle constraint and the biggest is when you use (2) work planes with an angle constraint between them, for some reason directed and undirected doesn't work with work planes. Just my experience though.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

What is the reason for having the choice and why is the directed angle not selected permanently? I can't think of a situation when you would want to drive your constraint in a random direction. "Duncan Anderson" wrote in message news:407d2b42_1@newsprd01... > Are you using a Directed Angular Constraint or an Undirected Angular Constraint, > see attached ? > > Directed takes into account the direction the angle in measured. > > > HTH > Duncan > > > "Derek Burns" wrote in message > news:18698676.1081944074297.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > > I think I am missing a trick here somewhere. > > Does anyone know a reliable way to drive an angular constraint through and > beyond the zero degree point? > > i.e. collar on a shaft at 30deg, i want to drive it 40deg CW. > > using a start point of 30deg and an end point of -10deg causes it to bounce > off zero and return to 10deg. > > > > Inv8 SP1 > > >
Message 5 of 5
mikeh7

Derek

I agree 100%. Does anyone know how to set the directed angle as the default. Angles were a royal pain in the past until we found (quit overlooking) the directed angle constraint.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report