Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driven length??

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
honng
1512 Views, 4 Replies

Driven length??

Anyone know what the Driven Length on the left list mean? How could that be created? I can change that directly. The Sketch4 below is not editable either.

Thanks for any comments.

Driven Length.png

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
streharg
in reply to: honng

Hello!

Driven lenght means that your part is driven by parameters. In your case it looks like you have content center part, which is driven by parameters used in that cc library (actually all cc profile parts are like that).

You can right click on it and use change size or replace from assembly (works only in assembly..), or just use parameters function, and edit parameters.

PDSU 2016
4790K, 32 Gb ram, GTX 960 ...
Fancy HP LCD
🙂
Message 3 of 5
HuibertvdV
in reply to: honng

I have a problem with displaying this driven length in my parts list. When, in an assembly, the length of a structural shape from content center is changed, in the parts list the once given length is displayed, and not the later modified dimension (driven length) how can i display the driven length in my parts list instead of the once given length.

Thanks for any comments!

Message 4 of 5
streharg
in reply to: HuibertvdV

You have to be careful which properties you use. If you use filenames, then no, you cannot update it, it stays the way you define it when part is first saved. That's why you should use other property that actually updates (chech out frame generator and it's updating partlist).

Greg

PDSU 2016
4790K, 32 Gb ram, GTX 960 ...
Fancy HP LCD
🙂
Message 5 of 5
HuibertvdV
in reply to: streharg

Ok nice thanks my dimensions didn't match because of using the file name. I added the right colum now; thanks for the answer!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report