Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driven Dimension Without Sketch?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
537 Views, 4 Replies

Driven Dimension Without Sketch?

I want to creat a driven dimension that I can use as a reference dimension in another part. Is there an easy way to do this without creating a new sketch, going into a previous sketch, making a long function based on other dimensions, etc.? For instance, just like the measure tool, but it stores the measurement. 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
PaulMunford
in reply to: Anonymous

Not that I'm aware of - unless you want to dip into the API...

Autodesk Industry Marketing Manager UK D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Message 3 of 5
mrattray

No. Also, beware that Inventor can get "funny" when you try to drive things off of a reference dimension.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 4 of 5
cwhetten

You may be able to do what you need with a simple user parameter.  But, you might have to give us a better description of exactly what you are doing.  Or better yet, post an example part file, or at least some screen shots.

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Message 5 of 5
yannicknielsen

The only way I can see you do this, would be to create a sketch and set the dimension (or set the dimension on an earlier created sketch). Then create your new part and derive - You can choose to derive only that specific parameter

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2021

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report