Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drive constraints and collision report

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
412and118
516 Views, 12 Replies

Drive constraints and collision report

Hi

Assemble several parts from Solidworks  through step profile.Part2 and part3(attachments) no static interference ,when driving constraints (driver) immediately a collision report appears.Additional,when restrain the part 3(attachments)and drive constraint(driver) meanwhile open the collision detection ,finally,part2(attachments) goes through the barrier no checking collision.

Thanks in advance.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
412and118
in reply to: 412and118

Message 3 of 13
JDMather

Did you rename these parts?

If yes, create a new assembly using the current part names.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 13
412and118

yes,sorry!

parts and assembly are here!

thanks!

Message 5 of 13
412and118
in reply to: JDMather

Message 6 of 13
JDMather

I do not see any clearance between moving parts.

In the real world parts must have clearance between features to have relative motion. (particularly because perfect parts cannot be manufactured)

But, even if we could make perfect parts, example an exactly 10mm pin and a 10mm hole - the pin will not go into the hole because the atoms at the 10mm diameter occupy the same circle.

Try adding some clearance (Thicken\Offset with Cut option might work - but I didn't try it to see) to the slides to make the clearance more representative of a real world assembly.

Clearance.PNG

Update:

I found another area of interference as well.

Interference.PNG

Depending on your design intent (and if you have Inventor Professional) I would probably use the Dynamic Simulation environment instead of driving constraints.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 7 of 13
412and118

thanks for your answer!

i try to move the part3 away from part 2 adding constraints to part2,it is still produce the collision report when drive constraint.  

Message 8 of 13
JDMather

Update 2. 

After making a couple of changes the assembly collision detection worked fine for me.

(Hint: Solve one problem and then move to the next problem.)

Message 9 of 13
412and118

@Anonymous wrote:

Update 2. 

After making a couple of changes the assembly collision detection worked fine for me.

can you explain detailedly?

Message 10 of 13
412and118

@Anonymous wrote:

I do not see any clearance between moving parts.

In the real world parts must have clearance between features to have relative motion. (particularly because perfect parts cannot be manufactured)

But, even if we could make perfect parts, example an exactly 10mm pin and a 10mm hole - the pin will not go into the hole because the atoms at the 10mm diameter occupy the same circle.

Try adding some clearance (Thicken\Offset with Cut option might work - but I didn't try it to see) to the slides to make the clearance more representative of a real world assembly.

Clearance.PNG

Update:

I found another area of interference as well.

Interference.PNG

Depending on your design intent (and if you have Inventor Professional) I would probably use the Dynamic Simulation environment instead of driving constraints.

which parts are the interference in?thanks!

Message 11 of 13
JDMather

Delete part3.

Does it work now?

Undo

Examine the constraints on part3 (I didn't check the geometry to find the source problem - but I prefer to use mated workplanes for translational motion).

part3 mates.PNG

Message 12 of 13
412and118

@Anonymous wrote:

Delete part3.

Does it work now?

Undo

Examine the constraints on part3 (I didn't check the geometry to find the source problem - but I prefer to use mated workplanes for translational motion).

part3 mates.PNG

sorry! I don't see!Can the part3 be constrainted by Mate5and Mate6?Expect for your answer!thanks again!

Message 13 of 13
412and118

@Anonymous wrote:

Update 2. 

Hi! I tried again and again but failed,maybe I am a beginner.Please geive me some advice about "making a couple of changes" again! Thanks in advance!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report