Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drive constraint in 2013

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
jrapert
2679 Views, 7 Replies

Drive constraint in 2013

See attached screen shot.

To activate the new position of the assembly of approx 5k instances takes about 5 minutes in IV 2013 when using Drive constraint. The larger the assembly the longer it takes

In IV2011 takes about 10 seconds.

I've never seen the "Not responding" sign in Drive constraint window in previous versions.

I'm just wondering how can avoid this "New feature" of 2013.

Is anybody experienced this ?

Thanks

Julian

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jrapert
in reply to: jrapert

Forgot the specs:

IV2013 Design Suite Premium

Windows7 Ultimate

12 GB RAM

1 GB NVidia Quadro 3700M graphics card

Message 3 of 8
blair

I have seen this as well in IV2013 on my systems. I don't recall it happening in IV2012. It seems like it gets lost trying to return the model back to the starting point/position.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 8
Yijiang.Cai
in reply to: blair

I used one sample to experinece this, and it can't be reproduced. So could you attach the dataset for more invesigation?

Thanks,

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com
Message 5 of 8
jrapert
in reply to: Yijiang.Cai

The data set is too large to attach, also contains some proprietary details I can't disclose.

As I mentioned this issue only significant with large assemblies (5-10000 parts), but similar assembly in ver. 2011 did not have this problem. Seems to me that large assembly handling in 2013 is different to previous versions, and some operations significantly slower

Message 6 of 8
johnsonshiue

Hi! Without the dataset, it is extremely hard to tell where the problem is. I can provide a secure site for you to upload the large file. Please let me know via email if you would like to share.

In the meantime, could you help me answer the following questions?

1. What are the default settings in Tools->Application Options->Assembly in R2013 on your machine?

2. Could you try opening the same assembly and do Rebuild All (Manage -> Rebuild All)? What do you see?

3. Could you change Hardware setting to Compatibility mode (Tools->Application Options->Hardware) and see if it helps speed up?

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 8
jrapert
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi Johnson.

Thank you for your help

1 The default setting is as per attached screenshot. I've tried with different (unchecked) setting with no difference.

2 I've done  Rebuild all with no apparent problem in approx 5 minutes.

3  I'm running in Performance mode, tried Compatibility with no difference.

I'm sending you an email regarding the data set

Thanks

Julian

Message 8 of 8

Can you try to uncheck the "Enable related constraint failure analysis" option and see whether it helps.

You could also try to increase the Page file size in Windows and Undo size in Inventor under Application options.

Hope it helps.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report