Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawings for catalog??

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
chris30
376 Views, 4 Replies

Drawings for catalog??

I have an assortment of parts that I have been tasked to assemble into a catalog for use by the sales staff.

I only need the drawing to show the part(s) and some overall size dimensions with one orthogonal view.

I'm good on exporting a veiw from the model to jpeg, but I'm having difficulty with getting dimensions to show with an iam or ipt file.

Is there an easy way, that I am missing, to generate a jpeg/bmp of this?  I will not be using any title blocks etc.  I would prefer not to generate an idw, and then cut a portion. 

Thanks,

Chris

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: chris30

Hi chris,

I think you'll need to create a drawing (*.idw) and add the required views and dimensions, then use the Save Copy As > *.jpg or *.bmp option to create the image file.

Note that you can delete the title block and border from the drawing (locate them in the browser and right click and choose delete) if those items are not desired.

Also, it might be helpful to go to the Tools tab > Document Settings tab > Sheet tab, and change the color of the drawing Sheet to white. You might want to do all of this and create a template file to use for these types of drawings.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Our sales "datasheets" are created exactly like that..

I just create a drawing (idw)..remove the border/title block.. add dimensions and print to pdf.. They (marketing team) simply insert the PDF and off they go..

In fact I had to do so many that I created a new idw template with the border/title block already gone and a custom paper size all set up.. Takes a minute or so and its done..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 5
CAG_DRAFT

This job is what prompted me to make this IdeaStation Request

The ability to simply set up sheets with some dimensioned views and a 'realistic'/studio style view would be a godsend.

Message 5 of 5
chris30

Thanks for the suggestions.  They put me on the right track.

What I did was create my view and add dimensions as needed.  I changed the layout color to white.  Then deleted the tile block and border.  Finally, I edited the sheet size to 6 X 4.  When I exported, I got a nice small jpeg; worked perfectly...

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report