Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing won't Update

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
240 Views, 4 Replies

Drawing won't Update

I give up, I have tried everything. I have a Welded Assembly Drawing (.IDW). I made some changes to the assembly (.ASM ) and changed some entrys in the Properties (Project) box. Now when I open the .IDW I get the following message.

"Not all referenced parts are available
Annotations added will become associative
when the parts are available again."

The update commands are grayed out and the changes that I made to the .ASM are not reflected in the drawing. All of the parts are in their original locations and there are no errors in the .ASM. Oh yes, I am using Rel 7.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

have you checked the deferr updated in the document settings or have you not closed the weldments box in the assembley and returned back to the main assembly browser. Blair S. "hal1burn" wrote in message news:17764259.1088560354279.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I give up, I have tried everything. I have a Welded Assembly Drawing (.IDW). I made some changes to the assembly (.ASM ) and changed some entrys in the Properties (Project) box. Now when I open the .IDW I get the following message. > > "Not all referenced parts are available > Annotations added will become associative > when the parts are available again." > > The update commands are grayed out and the changes that I made to the .ASM are not reflected in the drawing. All of the parts are in their original locations and there are no errors in the .ASM. Oh yes, I am using Rel 7.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Try rebuilding parts / assemblies. -- Laurence, Power is Nothing without Control --- "hal1burn" wrote in message news:17764259.1088560354279.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I give up, I have tried everything. I have a Welded Assembly Drawing (.IDW). I made some changes to the assembly (.ASM ) and changed some entrys in the Properties (Project) box. Now when I open the .IDW I get the following message. > > "Not all referenced parts are available > Annotations added will become associative > when the parts are available again." > > The update commands are grayed out and the changes that I made to the .ASM are not reflected in the drawing. All of the parts are in their original locations and there are no errors in the .ASM. Oh yes, I am using Rel 7.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Make sure you are at the top level in the weldment. To do this open the weldment and click the "Return" icon till you're at top level. Your drawing should open fine now HTH Rory "hal1burn" wrote in message news:17764259.1088560354279.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I give up, I have tried everything. I have a Welded Assembly Drawing (.IDW). I made some changes to the assembly (.ASM ) and changed some entrys in the Properties (Project) box. Now when I open the .IDW I get the following message. > > "Not all referenced parts are available > Annotations added will become associative > when the parts are available again." > > The update commands are grayed out and the changes that I made to the .ASM are not reflected in the drawing. All of the parts are in their original locations and there are no errors in the .ASM. Oh yes, I am using Rel 7.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks for the replys.
The document setting for "defer updates" is not checked, the weldment.IAM is at the top level, and I have rebuilt both the weldment itself and the individual parts of the weldment with no results.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report