Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Drawing views stuck in Raster View

45 REPLIES 45
Message 1 of 46
Anonymous
18223 Views, 45 Replies

Drawing views stuck in Raster View

im working on a medium scale assembly and for some reason i have one view that wont exit the raster view and it is causing me trouble with adding balloons and such. Ive tried unchecking the view raster only in the Drawing View Dialogue box, right clicking and selecting precise view in the options, im not sure what to do at this point. Anyone have any ideas?

45 REPLIES 45
Message 2 of 46
swalton
in reply to: Anonymous

I am still on IV 2014 and I have several large drawings (70-100 views on several sheets) that get stuck in raster view.  Editing the view and unchecking the raster option did not help.  IV left the view in raster and if you edited it again, the raster option was still checked.  Highlighting the view and right-clicking did not help either.  The Make View Precise command was missing from the right-click menu on the stuck views. It was present on views that behaved normally.  These idws were migrated from IV 2012.

I found that if I added the Make View Precise command to my radial menu I was able to force IV to calculate the views.  Go to your Tools:Customize command and select the Marking menu.  See my attached screenshot.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 3 of 46
Anonymous

I have noticed that IV can take a while to convert to precise, particularly with complex views.  Do the usual uncheck raster only etc, then hover your cursor over that view in the browser and you should see a percentage progress.  Give it a minute or two, then check again to see if it is updating.  That was the closest I ever got to 'solving' this.

Message 4 of 46
johnsonshiue

Hi! Does it help if you turn off background update option? Go to Tools -> Application Options -> Drawing -> uncheck "Enable background updates" near the bottom -> OK.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 46
Anonymous

After you turn off the "Enable background updates" option in Application Options >> Drawing Tab (Near bottom left), if it is still stuck in raster state, supress that view and then unsupress it.  This is what finally worked for me.

Message 6 of 46
carstn

Hi

Could this issue occur due to the assembly being oppened in Express-view?

/CA

Tags (2)
Message 7 of 46
Anonymous

Nate you LEGEND!!!

I cant tell you how much this was killing me

Thanks Heaps Mate Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 46
AtleOdegaard

None of these tips worked for me (Inventor 2015) but this did:

In Edit view window uncheck and re-check "Raster View Only" and click OK

Edit the view again and this time just uncheck it and OK. 

Works a charm on my system at least šŸ™‚

Message 9 of 46
Anonymous

This caused my computer to crash. This problem is getting to be a really big issue for me. I have tried many things but nothing seems to work.

Message 10 of 46
Anonymous

And now my drawing has been permanently corrupted. šŸ˜ž I think its time to move to a new type of CAD software.
Message 11 of 46
blair

You should be able to recover on older version of your drawing file from the "Old-Versions" folder in your Work Directory. I've been using Inventor since release 4, (17-18 releases) maybe twice I've had a drawing(s) become corrupt.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi Ī”Ī¤Ī§

Message 12 of 46
Cris-Ideas

Hi,

I also had some views stuck in raster view.

I have noticed that if I place view on drawing end try to edit it before it is made precise "raster" option in view properties becomes checked. This is one of reasons I was able to find.

Sometimes however views are stuck in raster view for some other reasons that I was not able to overcome.

Cris.

Cris,
https://simply.engineering
Message 13 of 46
Anonymous

Hello All,

My Ketiv lifeline support helped resolve this issue. As it turns out if you use 3rd party download (vendor models) they sometimes don't stitch together properly and cause the view in the drawing to get stuck in raster view. To fix the problem you have to figure out which face is causing the problem. This was done by process of elimination. The entire model was 'unstitched' and then a section at a time was deleted until the raster (slashmark) didn't show up any longer. That then told us which area the face was in. We then concentrated on that area to find the specific face. Once you find the face that is the problem you can delete it or replace it. Restitch the part, save and close. Now your drawing views will update to 'precise' mode.

Message 14 of 46
WILLIAMF

I just ran into this problem with 2017. Views I could have not get out of raster mode.

Tried  Nates solution and it worked.

Enable background updates- uncheck

thanks

Dell Precision 5820
Windows 10Pro
Quad Core Intel Xeon
32 Gb SDRam
NVIDIA Quadro
Product Design Suite 2019 Ultimate
Message 15 of 46
johnsonshiue
in reply to: WILLIAMF

Hi! The behavior does not sound right to me, even though EBU is turned off. It should not be stuck at update. Could you send me the files? I can set up a secure account for you to upload. Please send me an email (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com). Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 16 of 46
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thanks a ton, helped me a lot!Man Very Happy

Message 17 of 46
Anonymous
in reply to: AtleOdegaard

This worked for me (Inventor 2016)

Many thanks!

Message 18 of 46
memde

This issue still crops up for me in Inventor 2020. I have to double click on a drawing view to open its setting dialog, click to enable Raster, close the dialog, repeat, unclick Raster, close the dialog, after which the view will no longer be in a raster state. This is a lot of work when you have many drawing sheets with quite a few views which are stuck in a raster state.

Message 19 of 46
Cris-Ideas
in reply to: memde

I did not have this issue with 2017 and 2019.

But it seems it was introduced again. Probably just so to be proudly announced fixed in next version.

Just as we would not have enough problems with bugs that had not been fixed.

Cris.

Cris,
https://simply.engineering
Message 20 of 46
johnsonshiue
in reply to: memde

Hi! Usually, the behavior is file specific. I believe most of the related issues have been resolved as of 2019.4 or 2020. However, I do believe there are cases still reproducible as of 2020. Please share the files here or send them to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com). I would like to take a look and understand the behavior better.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report