Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Views Scattered

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
HarryHighpants
494 Views, 4 Replies

Drawing Views Scattered

I have a problem with one of my Inventor DWGs.

It seems that whenever I save the associated model, there is a chance that it ruin the drawing by scattering views, dimensions and sketches randomly.

Does anyone know what causes this, and more importantly, how to fix it?

See attached.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi HarryHighpants,

Is the model an assembly model?

Most likely your Inventor assembly model is not grounded. It is best practice to always have at least one component in the assembly model grounded. When all components are ungrounded you can rotate the assembly in space so that it is no longer aligned with the X,Y, and Z origins. When this happens your drawing views remain static and your views and dimensions "blow up."

I'm curious what version of Inventor this model was created and modified in, would you mind providing that information?

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 5

Hi Curtis.

Yes. It is an assembly model.

The parts are not grounded, but they are 'derived'. So their X, Y, Z planes are constrained to the assembly X, Y, Z planes.

I am using Inventor Pro 2012.

I should add that the model itself is pretty complex - lofts with rails and the like.

Message 4 of 5

Hi,  have you ever found a solution to this issue?  we are seeing it in 2015 as well.  Grounded parts based on solids. 

thank you in advance.

Message 5 of 5

I think the problem was tied to that particular model. From memory, it had compex geometry, 3D lines based on intersecting surfaces, etc.

I haven't had the same problem since. Most of the models are pretty simple. Steelwork etc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report