Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Views Naming

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
vsookrah
587 Views, 1 Reply

Drawing Views Naming

Hi All,

I was wondering if it was possible to make my drawing views more streamlined.

Currently, when I add a drawing view, the part number and scale is pulled from the part and scale chosen. So this is good; but I would like to get the styles editor to add the actual view of the part into its name.

For example, if I choose the top view, the naming should look like the following:

TOP VIEW

XXXX-XX

SCALE: X/X

So basically I'd like to know if its possible to pull that information and display it in the naming text box. I would assume this is possible as all the other parts are possible, I dont see why this isnt an automatic default.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

VCS

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
SKinzel
in reply to: vsookrah

Looking through Inventor I couldn't figure out how to do this.  So I did a search and found the following thread.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Base-and-Projected-View-Label-Name-to-match-Orientat...

They are using either VBA Macro or iLogic to change the view names.  I haven't messed around with this so I don't know how well it works.  Hope this helps.

Stuart Kinzel
Inventor 2013-64bit, HP EliteBook8740w Intel Core i5CPU 2.67 GHz
8GB memory
Windows 7 64bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report