Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing View Thread Feature used to be on by default

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
2427 Views, 8 Replies

Drawing View Thread Feature used to be on by default

Is it just me, or did the Drawing View Thread Feature option get switch to default OFF, where it used to be on?  Did I do something on accident to make this happen?  Does anyone know how I can get it back by default? 

All views and no threads makes Jack a dull boy

All views and no threads makes Homer something... something...

Not that it's driving me crazy or anything Smiley Frustrated

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

I think you might have it backwards..

I don't remember it being on in previous versions but its checked by default now with 2014 SP1..

Or Obi-Wan Kenobi is doing that Jedi mind trick again.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Your reply gave me a clue.  My 2013 default.idw had threads shown by default, for sure.  I used that template when I moved to 2014, never bothering with modifying the stock template.  When Inventor 'migrated' my old template it seems to have made the executive decision that I should have threads off by default.  I protested, but was unheard.  Opening the 2014 stock template shows threads by default.

Thank you, Autodesk, for providing me with the opportunity to study every change I made to my default template as I completely rebuild my it from scratch.  Not allowing preferences to be configurable is a wise approach to designing technical software.  It is a very good use of my time.

2+2=5

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Mojo this is hitting me now going from 2014 to 2015. Did you ever stumble across the magic solution to why this happened?? Thank you!

Here's my post: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/part-base-view-quot-Diplay-Option-gt-Thread-Feature-q...

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Sorry, no.  I had to remake my templates, too.  I haven't installed 2015 yet.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Best of luck.

Message 7 of 9
t_pcoll

Hi,

Threads checkbox default is not related to templates, it's related to Base view dialog only - no need to recreate templates. In 2015 some Base view dialog settings are remembered (even across sessions) - simply, when creating view of an IPT the Threads option should default to the same status as previous IPT view was created with.

I hope this helps.

Thanks
Ladislav
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: t_pcoll

Thanks for your input, Ladislav.  I'm not certain the 'should default to the same status as previous IPT' is doing what it should.  Please check against this workflow:  create a fresh drawing template in 2013, which will have threads shown on by default.  Make a part with threads.  Make a base view of that part in 2014 using the 2013 template.  I expect you'll find no threads.  Apparently if you bump this up a year you'll see the same thing.

Message 9 of 9
mrattray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report