Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing view rotation

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
rgraham817
9047 Views, 5 Replies

Drawing view rotation

Hi Everyone

Is it possible to rotate a view?  I have a rectangular part that has the ends cut at an angle.  The part was created on an angle, not squared with the planes as you would do for a create in place. I want to lay it flat to dimension it. I need to rotate the view so my part is horizontal on my drawing. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks

Randy

Inventor 2013

Windows 7

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Message 3 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: rgraham817

When placing your view (base view) select the box in the pic below.  Change View Orientation.  It will take you to the model and allow you to orient it in any way you want to view it in your drawing.  There are a number of tools you can use.  if you are talking about a flat surface you want square to the world in your drawing, I would use the "Look At" tool, then select a flat surface.  Playa round with it until you get the view you want then hit the check mark "Finish Custom View", to return to the drawing.

view.JPG

Message 4 of 6

Thanks Curtis

Once again you have thrown me the life jacket. Much appreciated, thanks again.

Randy

Message 5 of 6

Hi rgraham817,

It occurred to me after I posted that the custom view might be a better solution, but it looks like cbenner beat me to it. Smiley Happy

See this link for the Show Me Video that follows cbenner's suggestion:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/index.php?title=Inventor/enu/2012/Help/0000-What%27s_N0/0001-User_Int1/...

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 6 of 6
ronwC2GC6
in reply to: rgraham817

Making a custom view.jpg

This is in Inventor 2020. When you're placing a view there is this drop menu 

from the View cube that allows you to select a custom view for same as you navigate in the model space.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report