Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing View "With or Without Tangent Edges"

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Calavetta123
2709 Views, 7 Replies

Drawing View "With or Without Tangent Edges"

Is there any way to have Tangent Edges to show within all view's created on my idw automatically within the my template file or do I have to remember to double click on each of my created views per page, select display options and make sure Tangent Edges are checked on.

*See Computer Mouse is Attached Photo

IV 2024 Pro-Suite / VP 2024
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

unfortunately, this is not currently possible. It is being considered, according to this

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=7201649&linkID=9242018

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2021
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for the response

Robert

IV 2024 Pro-Suite / VP 2024
Message 4 of 8
Cadmanto
in reply to: Calavetta123

Why couldn't you have predefined views setup in a template file and have the tangency turned on there.

Then when you use this template for your drawings it would always be turned on.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 8
jtylerbc
in reply to: Cadmanto

Unless that's been changed in the last few releases, it doesn't work.  The setting doesn't get carried over from the template.

Tried it myself on a template drawing that was mostly used for castings, at a previous employer using v2009.  It's not a big problem for me now, but when I was mostly drawing cast & machined parts it was very annoying.

Message 6 of 8
Cadmanto
in reply to: jtylerbc

I'm using 2012 and while I have never used predefined views I have known those that did.  It just made sense to me that having the tangency turned on in a predefined view within a template would work.  In theory I don't see why it wouldn't.  But, obviously it doesn't based on what you are saying.  Kind of shoots the purpose of predefined views to some degree.  Smiley Frustrated

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 7 of 8
JDMather

@Calavetta123 wrote:

... remember to double click on each of my created views per page, select display options ...

Place the Base view.
Turn on Tangent Edges

THEN

place projected views (they will pick up the same properties as the Base view).

or

place your base view and then the projected views.

Edit the base view and the projected view should pick up the same properties.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 8 of 8
scottmoyse

There's an ideastation topis here for you to vote on if you are still active on the forums http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Add-the-option-of-Tangent-edges-as-default-to-app...

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report