Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing View in Raster State

27 REPLIES 27
SOLVED
Message 1 of 28
Joe_Banger
58704 Views, 27 Replies

Drawing View in Raster State

Hello there,

Having this dialogue box pop up every time i print

not sure what a raster view is and how I should be turning it on /off.

any help appreciated.

Joe Banger

27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28
pcrawley
in reply to: Joe_Banger

Inventor 2013 / 2014 ?

You should be able to see which views are "raster" in the browser (they have a line through the icon) - or in the view (they have green brackets round the views)..  Have a look in help for a full description, but it's a faster mechanism for getting views of complex models on a drawing sheet quickly.

You can either wait for the views to become precise before printing (green brackets disappear) - or you can turn off "Background Updates" in Tools > Application Options > Drawing.  (I think it's in the same place in 2013!)

Peter
Message 3 of 28
rms390
in reply to: pcrawley

Inventor 2014 here, the Drawing views stay in raster state indefinitely on my computer. I literally let the computer sit over night to process a simple two view, one part drawing.

Message 4 of 28
mrattray
in reply to: rms390

They made a change in 2014, you have to tell the views that you want them to be precise now. Take a look at the help files for an explanation as Peter suggested to the OP.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 5 of 28
cwhetten
in reply to: mrattray

I think it's as simple as right-clicking the view and choosing "Make Precise".  Check out the following thread:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Drawing-view-crossed-out/m-p/4361079/highlight/true#...

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Message 6 of 28
mcgyvr
in reply to: cwhetten

@cwhetten wrote:

I think it's as simple as right-clicking the view and choosing "Make Precise".  Check out the following thread:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Drawing-view-crossed-out/m-p/4361079/highlight/true#...

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Well "simple" is what it used to be.. Now its slightly less simple 😉

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 28

i like raster views, they show model edges behind a transparent part which can be really useful

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Message 8 of 28
SysDesign
in reply to: rms390

Having the same issue of the view being locked at 12% raster state.  Removing the check from raster in the drawing view does not work.  Righ clicking to make all views precise does not work.  Let the file run over night does not work.  Opening and placing new view on highest end workstation does not work.  Assembly file size 4,187 KB

Message 9 of 28
SysDesign

Raster view locked at 12%.  Will not update over night or other workstaions placing a new view.  Assembly file size 4,187 KB

Message 10 of 28

Hi SysDesign,

It looks like you've posted this two places. I responded to your other post before seeing this one, so please update that post with more details as requested.

Link to your other post:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Drawing-view-crossed-out/m-p/4841741#M498835

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 11 of 28
mmistry

I am coming from using inventor 12 now 14 and when you turn off the raster state the view looses the features.  see attached drawing top view from base does not show outside features, please help

Message 12 of 28
LT.Rusty
in reply to: mmistry

@Anonymous wrote:

I am coming from using inventor 12 now 14 and when you turn off the raster state the view looses the features.  see attached drawing top view from base does not show outside features, please help

The drawing file by itself doesn't help us.  We need all the parts / assemblies included in the drawing as well.  Upload those as well, and we'll take a look at it for you.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 13 of 28
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi mmistry,

You might make sure all of the files involved are migrated (saved as 2014 files). This seems to have solved some Raster View related problems for other users.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 14 of 28
mmistry
in reply to: LT.Rusty

Hi Rusty
Please see attached as it is our business policy, which is why I have not posted this on the forum site.

Best regards,
Manny Mistry / Project Engineer / Tyco Fire Protection Products
Tel: +44 (0) 161 477 1886 / Fax: +44 (0) 161 474 0928
Unit A3-A5, Stockport Trading Estate, Yew Street / Stockport / Cheshire / SK4 2JW / United Kingdom
mmistry@tyco-bspd.com / www.tfppemea.com
Tyco Fire Products Manufacturing Ltd. Registered in England No. 1841522. Registered Office Security House, The Summit, Hanworth Road, Sunbury-on-Thames, middlesex, TW16 5DB
[cid:image001.png@01CF44DE.591BDB20]
This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information or otherwise protected by law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Any applicable rights to privilege have not been waived.
Tyco's vision is Zero Harm to people and the environment. Please consider the environment before printing this message.

This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the addressees named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in respect of any information contained in it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and immediately destroy this e-mail and its attachments.
Message 15 of 28
mmistry
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Curtis & Rusty

thank you fro suggestion but there is no iproperty on the original model.  I have sent the .ipt file by mail to Rusty.

Message 16 of 28
LT.Rusty

I don't see any attachments, and I haven't gotten any emails ...?

Rusty

EESignature

Message 17 of 28
mmistry

sorry is replied to you community mail - Community Mailer <mailer@lithium.com>. please see attached.

Message 18 of 28
rdyson

Looks okay to me, after turning on tangent edges.

Capture.JPG

PDSU 2016
Message 19 of 28
mmistry

thanks

Message 20 of 28
nate0225

In 2014 and now in 2015, even after I set the drawings to not do background it was still stuck in raster state.  I was finally able to solve this by supressing the view and then unsupressing it.  This brought it out of the raster state.

Nathan Byle
Product Design Suite 2014
Product Design Suite 2015
Product Design Suite 2016

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report