Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing View creation problems

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
399 Views, 1 Reply

Drawing View creation problems

Hi All

Just upgraded to Inventor 2012, and turned off enable background processing in app options which helped with some drawing crashing.

Another issue I am having...

When creating a section view of a certain component (Pipe) I get the error below. The view does get created, and looks right, but any other view created off that view the error below continues to pop up.

I have tested this on other workstations with this assembly and it continues to happen.

I have also found that in some cases if I create a section view of a component and then try break the view hatching disappears with "Enable background Processing" disabled. If I enable "Enable background Processing" then hatch stays but the break does not work?

Finding some random issues in the drawing side...

Anyway, anybody know how to fix the error below...

section error.JPG

I have also attached the assembly the drawing must be created from.

Regards,

Brett

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Shiva_Sundaram
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

It looks like you have a couple of issues related to drawings in Inventor 2012.

1. Crashes related to Enable Background Updates.

2. Section views

We have released a hotfix to address instabilities with drawings in Inventor 2012 particularly related to enable background updates. I would recommend applying the hotfix to fix those crashes and instabilities.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17235749&linkID=9242019

The section view issue seems to be relaetd to cutting through the groove welds (3, 4, 5) in your assembly. If you suppress those welds, the section view will go through fine. The icon in the browser indicates that it encountered some bad geometry while cutting through the model and rather than completely aborting the section view, the algorithm creates a partial view.

I will investigate into the section view problem and get back to you. Feel free to contact me here or at sundarsATautodeskDOTcom for any further information.

Thanks for your patience and don't forget to apply the hotfix.

-Shiva Sundaram

Inventor Development

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report