Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing text fitting error

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Pete_Mort
420 Views, 6 Replies

Drawing text fitting error

Hi,

I'm trying to fit some text in a drawing (Inventor 2016 ) into the available space by dragging the handles of the text box to re-size; expecting that it will behave as per other CAD/office packages and fit the text within the box to the available space and I'm amazed to see that Inventor is happy to split words accross lines as per the attached!

I've tried inserting using a single point and clicking on 2 points and the behaviour is the same.

Is it me or Autodesk that is doing something wrong?

Text fitting.JPG

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Pete_Mort

Yeah it appears the issue is related to using the numbering option.  If you manually put in the note numbers, the word wrap works fine.

I would log a case with Autodesk or pass this along to your reseller so they can log a case for you.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 7
Pete_Mort
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Thanks Mark! How do I raise a case with Autodesk directly?

Message 4 of 7
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Pete_Mort

Here you go: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/subscription-management/support-op...

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 7

Hi MArk,

I'm seeing that same problem in my assembly instructions.  Quite irritating to say the least.  I didn't understand your response though.  Could you elaborate?

I dont use the bullets or numbers in the text box and cant seem to make the wrap work.

Thanks.

John

Message 6 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: patrickajay

Its a bug.. They know about it.. There have been a handful of posts here about it already... They just haven't fixed it yet AFAIK..

It may have been fixed though.. I sure can't seem to duplicate it with my up to date Inventor 2016.. ??

So.. hint..hint.. update your Inventor version to the latest service pack/updates and see if its fixed in your specific case... If not.. wait or adjust

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 7
Pete_Mort
in reply to: mcgyvr

@mcgyvr wrote:

Its a bug.. They know about it.. There have been a handful of posts here about it already... They just haven't fixed it yet AFAIK..

It may have been fixed though.. I sure can't seem to duplicate it with my up to date Inventor 2016.. ??

So.. hint..hint.. update your Inventor version to the latest service pack/updates and see if its fixed in your specific case... If not.. wait or adjust

I raised a support ticket with Autodesk as suggested by Mark, they tested and confirmed it was a bug. its been fixed in 2016 SP1 and appears to be working fine now on my system.

Next thing on the list is to find/create an idea to request that the text editor supports indented multi-level bullets and numbering ...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report