Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Template/Iproperties

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
BDUB2012
254 Views, 1 Reply

Drawing Template/Iproperties

We are going to be using autodesk vault and it is my understanding that vault searches the iproperties defined in inventor documents. Is there a preferred way to set up the iproperties in the part, assy and drawing environments. If I do a search in vault and the iproperty is only defined in the drawing, the main search results will only give me the drawing(s) and I will have to show dependencies to find the associated model or assy, right. If I define the iproperty in the part, model and drawing I will have to fill in the value of the iproperty possibly in three places. If filling in the value in three places is preferred is there an easier way to fill out the values.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Cadmanto
in reply to: BDUB2012

We just did a similar thing.  What I ended up doing is (as per my VAR) is create a drawing template.

Then check this into the vault.  The setup the data cards to read these properties so that when one creates

a new model (part or assembly) they fill out the data card and it auto populates the drawing TB.

Hope this helps you.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report