Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Resource Transfer Wizard question/s

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
luke123scott
450 Views, 4 Replies

Drawing Resource Transfer Wizard question/s

Hi Evereybody,

I have a lot of drawing (100's to 1 000's) that need to have their borders updated and I have been pointed in the direction of the drawing resource transfer tool.

I have looked online and it seems that the tool can be used to bring in the references to a drawing but not actually replace them on the drawing sheet. is this correct or am I missing something?

Ideally what I would be after is the wizard to not only place the references within the file but onto the sheet as well.

so for instance I have 5 drawings with an old border on and i want to add the new border to them, would the tool be able to add the new border to the drawing sheet or would it just add it within the drawing resources?

hopefully this explanation made sense.

thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
-niels-
in reply to: luke123scott

Welcome to the forum.

From what i can remember, the transfer wizard can replace the border/titleblock if it has the same name.

It's been too long ago that i had to use it, so this isn't a 100% guarantee.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 3 of 5
luke123scott
in reply to: -niels-

Hi, Thanks,

I think its just something that im going to have to spend a bit of time playing with to work out if it does what I want, to be honest i didnt know it was even there until a few hours ago.

Message 4 of 5
jeanchile
in reply to: luke123scott

niels is correct. They have to have the same name and then you have to select the proper radio button when it asks you if you want to replace the resources that have the same name in the target files. If you do that, it works like a charm.
Inventor Professional
Message 5 of 5

Although I haven't used it for a while I believe -neils- is correct. If they border names are the same it will replace the old with the new.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report