Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Resource Transfer Wizard does not transfer iLogic

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ColinReeve
482 Views, 2 Replies

Drawing Resource Transfer Wizard does not transfer iLogic

I have created a new drawing template, that includes the iLogic found here;

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-community-knowledge/showing-the-model-density-weight-in-the-t...

Once I copy the template file into the correct location, and hit new file, the code works, and I get the total weight happening in the title block.

So the next thing I did was use the Autodesk tool "Drawing Resource Transfer Wizard" and try and bring some of my older drawings into the new template. However, the drawings do not show the weight in the title bar, and it does not update on save or any of the other events. If I then go into Manage->iLogic Browser none of the code for the TotalWT is there, or any of the events. 

So it seems that the Transfer Wizard does not copy across iLogic functions, and event triggers from the template? Is this correct?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
lesmfunk
in reply to: ColinReeve

No it doesn't. If you look in the model browser of your .idw, there is a folder called Drawing Resources. I believe it only transfers those items in that folder.

However, you might want to look into the Code Injector created by MegaJerk. It works in the same way as the Wizard, but intended for iLogic:

Code Injector

Not sure if that's the most recent version, but I've been playing with it and it seems to work quite well.

Message 3 of 3
ColinReeve
in reply to: lesmfunk

Hey thanks for that. Well my general consensus is Autodesk should fix this. 

Your code injector worked for me. Problem is it only does one rule at a time. My new template has 3 rules. So it makes the process rather painfull. For now the old files will stick with the old template, unless I really need them to change, and then I'll pull this out and go to work.

Once again thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report