Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing of a mirrored part

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
prachu
1433 Views, 4 Replies

Drawing of a mirrored part

I have a sheet metal part with a fully dimensioned drawing made for it. I then make a mirrored (derived) part out of the original. Is there an easy way to get a fully dimensioned drawing of that mirrored part?

I have tried making a copy of the original parts drawing and then replacing the model that is referenced in the drawing but that just gets me a drawing with a bunch of pink dimensions and I have to drag all the dimension points to reattach them.

Inventor 2012

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
stephengibson76
in reply to: prachu

I find the note, "part x as drawn, part y opp hand" works for me

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Message 3 of 5
prachu

It woudl be nice if I could do that, but the shop wants a complete drawing for both parts all the time.

Message 4 of 5
IgorMir

You can do it using iParts. Create a child which is Mirrored with the origin removed. That Mirror feature is a last feature in the browser. In Author table suppress the Mirror feature where needed.

When detailing - select the corresponding child for the view you want to have. Granted, you might have some cleaning to do with dimensions - but nothing to compare with creating a new drawing every time you need a mirrored part detailed.

Best Regards,

Igor.

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 5 of 5
prachu
in reply to: IgorMir

That does the same thing as what I was trying with derived parts. When I switch to the mirrored part all the dimensions are detached. The clean up can be a bit easier than making a whole new drawing, but I was hoping there was a way to keep the dimensions attached to the correct spot when going to the mirror somehow.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums