Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Hatch Color - ilogic controlled

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tsreagan
1829 Views, 4 Replies

Drawing Hatch Color - ilogic controlled

Does anyone know how to access the color for a particular hatch within a drawing using iLogic.

I would like to color the hatching for parts based on paramaters besides material.

ie.

Purchased parts = Green Hatch

Refrence = Grey Hatch

I would hope one could loop through the views looking for hatches, and once found, check the part they are associated with, then based on an "if then, change the hatch color and move on to the next pattern.

Thanks,

T.S.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tsreagan
in reply to: tsreagan

Been researching this all day with no progress.

Besides general hatch visibility and angle, I see no iLogic paramaters that represent hatches in a drawing.

I can select the hatch, and change its color manually, so it has some representation somewhere,  anyone know how to access a hatch object in a drawing wth iLogic?

Are they converted to hidden sketches with filled regions, or something funky like that perhaps?

Thanks,

T.S.

Message 3 of 5
mrattray

There are some things that aren't exposed via the API. Usually things that A'Desk never anticipated anyone wanting to automate.

You could try asking this question on the Inventor Customization forum. All the really savy developer types hang out over there, and should be able to give you a better answer.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 4 of 5
tsreagan
in reply to: mrattray

Thanks,

I restarted the thread in customization, so you board gurus can ixnay this thread if you wish.

T.S.

Message 5 of 5
mrattray

The right way to do it is to link to the new thread and accept as solution. This will help anyone in the future who may seek the same information.

New thread: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor-Customization/iLogic-access-Hatch-Object-and-modify-...

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report