Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing add in title block

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kaptenmjau
677 Views, 3 Replies

Drawing add in title block

Is there an add in or something for faster type in the title block in a drawing? Name, title etc?

Right now the author and date are automatically  but when i save the file to for example to "D1234 hammer" it becomes the part number.

I have to edit the title.

I want to save the file to "D1234 hammer" and the partnumber to be "D1234" and title "hammer".

IS there a add-in that I type the title and name and its auto fill the title block? Or do I have to create a custom title block so the drawing can understand to only to take the numbers from <part name> and the letters becomes <title>?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
LT.Rusty
in reply to: kaptenmjau

There's a few ways you can do it.

I have a lot of the stuff in my drawing template set to pull iProperties from the parts or assemblies shown in the drawing to auto-populate the fields in the drawing.  This still, of course, requires me to completely fill out the information in the part or assembly iProperties.

One of the guys that I work with created an iLogic form that gives him a single window where he can type in all the info that he wants from one window, and it will fill in everything without flipping through a bunch of iProperty tabs.  He also at one point created an add-in for Inventor back when we were using 2011 that did the same thing.  Unfortunately I don't know enough about iLogic or VBA to walk you through that one ...

Rusty

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
mpatchus

Either create custom iProperties for the Part Number & Drawing Title, or utilize some of the existing iProperties and map them to your Title Block.  Once done, save the drawing file as your template.

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 4 of 4
kaptenmjau

Thx

I will try with iLogic.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums