Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dowels in Holechart

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Preyno
427 Views, 3 Replies

Dowels in Holechart

Hi,

Autocad user here trying to get to grips with Inventor..

My problem is when creating dowels in my models they show up the same as normal drilled holes in the hole chart.

I know I can create a symbol to drop over them (have done this for now) but its the holechart that I really need help with. We make parts with many different hole types and trying to sort dowel holes from drill holes is very time consuming and most importantly leaves room for error which can be very costly in our business (machine tool design & manufacture).

Anybody know of a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance

Paul

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RobJV
in reply to: Preyno

probably not the best solution but one off the top of my head - you could simply extrude the holes for dowels and use the hole command for drilled holes.

Only problem (probably a large problem) is no hole table will be created for dowels.

Rob

Message 3 of 4
Preyno
in reply to: RobJV

Thanks for your reply Rob, I dont think that will really help with our hole table description problem, oh well back to manual editing 😞 .

Message 4 of 4
SBix26
in reply to: Preyno

Are your dowel holes the same size as the drilled holes?  Only if they're the same nominal size as other holes will they roll up together.  Can you post a sample drawing that illustrates the problem?  I won't suggest that there isn't a lot of room for improvement in Inventor hole charts, but your problem might still be solvable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report