Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does invneotr 2013 tell you what constraint your new constraint conflicts with?

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
not2013
1260 Views, 21 Replies

Does invneotr 2013 tell you what constraint your new constraint conflicts with?

Adding a 3rd constraint, which is only rotating the part a few degrees around an axis constraint.  The other constraint is a simple mate from surface to surface.  I cannot visualize how either of these constraints could conflict with another.  Especially since I can do this in Solidworks. 

Is invneotr kind enough ot tell you which constraint it now doesn't like. I know I can just delete the stupid constraints to figure it out, but in more complicated assemblies.  It can't always be done without creating new problems.  I am looking ahead to the future.

I did try to search this but "constraint conflict" only brings up 3 threads.  so I guess me and 3 other people on plant earth are the only ones to have problmes with inventor constraints.

THX 

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
not2013
in reply to: pcrawley

Is this a new subject?  

Where are the "Constraint Tricks" so that I may read them? Where are they written? Once I know them I will never have a constraint problem again.  So lets go! I have read and gone over all tutorials on constrainst as well as animations, (by the way one of the ANIMATIONS WAS INCORRECT so I had to explain to autodesk which one it was so they could correct it.)   If I was still using 2011 then I wouldn't be so unsure about things.  1 thing for sure 2013 constraints work differently than in 2011.   

Whom should I listen on this list? The person whom contridicts another or the person whom was contridicted?

Calling me names and making false allegations is not a responsible method of proving your point. It sounds more like FRAUD to me. A word I keep coming to in regards to autodesk and it's employees and fans.

Message 22 of 22
spackle42
in reply to: not2013

After reading through this thread I can't see any contradictions from the contributors.  Maybe not2013 would be best to uninstall IV and return to SW.  It should come as no surprise that IV (as with all CAD packages) has a substantial learning curve that can be mitigated through training, such as a professional course or part of a university degree, or by asking questions of those with more experience and then listening to their answers and trying their solutions before complaining that they're wrong.

not2013, maybe you should contact your initial trainer as they may be able to explain this in a manner that makes sense to you.  Sometimes a different perspective on the same problem is all that's required.

Best of luck.

Justin Smith

Inventor Pro 2015 SP1
HP Z400 Workstation
Intel Xeon W3565 @ 3.20GHz
12Gb RAM
Win 7 64 Pro SP1
Spacepilot Pro v3.17.4

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report