Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Inventor use Java?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mpatchus
1677 Views, 3 Replies

Does Inventor use Java?

Does Inventor make use of Java in any way?

Problem:

After a recent Windows7 update was pushed to our user's boxes by IT, Inventor IDW Hatch patterns do  not appear as they should.

Earth has become just a series of lines, and GRAVEL has become unusable completely.  When gravel is selected, the box locks up trying to generate a preview of the hatch pattern.

Hatch patterns are working fine on our users with XP and those using Windows7 which has not been updated.

IT states that the update that was pushed out was for an update to Adobe Acrobat and Oracle Java 7 only.

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
bob_holland
in reply to: mpatchus

Mike,

Inventor does not use Java except that you video driver might be affected though.

Here is the location for our certified drivers that we have tested:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?id=18844534&siteID=123112

I would start with this.

Bob Holland

Autodesk Product Support

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 3 of 4
jdavis417
in reply to: mpatchus

Huh?  The IT people don't understand Autocad or Inventor requirements but feel justified to do whatever they want, since they "own" your workstation?  No... that could never happen... Man Wink

I feel for you and have walked a mile in your shoes!

Message 4 of 4
mpatchus
in reply to: jdavis417

UPDATE - 

We have narrowed the issue down to users utilizing remote desktop to log into their machines.  Hatching works fine when working directly on the machine, but fails when remoting into the box.  IT folks think Silverlight (which was just updated) may be at fault.  Testing and troubleshooting continues....

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report