Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have experience with NXTDIM?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Jefkee
833 Views, 6 Replies

Does anyone have experience with NXTDIM?

Hi,

We had a visitor today at work, someone who claims that the software called "NXTDIM" is a superior tool for making skeleton models / configurators of a product. And gives you a great advantage against working in I-Logic.

I want to know IF anyone has experience with this software and how they review it? Is it worth it's money or not basically.

Link to the website of "NXTDIM" software:

http://www.cadac.com/nxtdim/nl/Pages/default.aspx

Thanks.

Inventor 2013
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jefkee
in reply to: Jefkee

Nobody?

Inventor 2013
Message 3 of 7
-niels-

Sorry, I have a brochure from Cadac's NXTDIM lying around, but we never decided to try it.
From what was in the brochure it just seemed way more than what we needed.
(we don't even use iLogic, just a custom addin from pre-iLogic times.)

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 4 of 7
Jefkee
in reply to: -niels-

Hmm, can i ask what kind of product u are making?

They say to us that i-Logic has it's limitations and their software can surpass these limitations; do you have any idea what the limits for i-Logic are?

Inventor 2013
Message 5 of 7
-niels-

We build spraying and harvesting machines for the fruit sector. A lot of sheet-metal stuff.

As iLogic is more or less Visual basic, i don't believe there are a lot of limitations but i can't really say for sure.

I flipped through the brochure again and it had some lines like "automatically generate dxf", "manage iproperties", etc.
Those things we've already implemented through our own addin (made in Vb), so it makes me think they're just providing and addin that has all those usefull things neatly collected.
But since we already have that and we don't need a configurator for our products (we can manage with iAssemblies for the few things that are configurable.) it's just not interesting for us.

Might be best to ask them for a demo if you're really interested, but make sure you let them simulate your working conditions and not some generic "we know this works" demo. 😉

Niels van der Veer
The Netherlands

Message 6 of 7
Neil_Cross

Sorry that this is an old thread, the original question may not be relevant anymore but it came up on a Google search for me so on the off-chance that it is...

I've worked very closely with the guys at CADAC over the last 2 years with NXTdim, more specifically the Vault side of it, the Vault tools they offer in NXTdim are next level.  It took a while to get it all polished and slick but it's now a superb utility, I have it installed across 150+ client workstations and it's the engine behind a heavily automated Vault to ERP integration.

Can't personally vouch for the Inventor addin part of NXTdim but given how tight the vault part is, I imagine the Inventor side of it is going to be top notch.  Also, I can't speak highly enough of the staff at CADAC.  If you have any support issues or queries, even though they're based in Holland, they all speak perfect English and bend over backwards to help you no matter what.

Message 7 of 7
-niels-
in reply to: Neil_Cross

Relevant or not, but since we're considering to use vault i find this an interesting bit of information.

Neil, would you mind PM'ing me the names of those people at CADAC?
It might come in handy when we'll visit seminars on vault.

Niels van der Veer
The Netherlands

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report